The original stucco decoration and the painted glass skylight by Giuseppe Bertini were unfortunately destroyed during the bombings of 1943.
The eight monumental allegorical statues in the niches are by a Milanese artist of the 18th century. The elegant neo-Baroque fountain was designed by Giuseppe Bertini; its bronze cherubs were made in 1736 by Carlo Domenico Pozzi for the altar of the Portinari Chapel in the Milanese church of St. Eustorgio. In 1875 Gian Giacomo bought them from the church as 17th century works. The five walnut benches were made by Giuseppe Speluzzi in 1874; on the back they bear a coat of arm with the caption Poldi.
The room and all the works were restored in 2003.