Lombard Rooms

In the 19th century this part of the apartment was a single room which housed Gian Giacomo Poldi Pezzoli’s library, now on the ground floor. The furnishings were destroyed by the bombing in 1943. Since 1960 the area, divided into three rooms, has housed the collection of Lombard Renaissance paintings  
The rooms are decorated with 16th century ceiling panels with coat of arms and male and female busts; they come from the Vimercati Palace in Crema and were placed here in 1980.