Between 1850 and 1881 several craftsmen and artists, contributed to the furnishing of the various rooms of the house.
Giuseppe Ripamonti made the wooden furniture in Gian Giacomo's bedroom, including the huge, wonderfully carved bed, now lost. Giuseppe Speluzzi, worker in bronze, was in charge of many decorations in the first floor rooms, as well as of the restoration of several antique pieces of furniture. Giuseppe Bertini, who became the first director of the museum in 1881, created many of the stained-glass windows and wall decorations, specifically those in the Dante Study and in the Golden Room.
Post-war reconstructions aimed to recreate the original rooms as faithfully as possible.