The Clock and Watch Collection is one of the most complete in Italy. With the exception of few pieces (as the well-known 'Carriage of Diana' with mechanical figures, a German work of the early 17th century, that belonged to Gian Giacomo Poldi Pezzoli) it was mainly assembled in recent times. In 1973 Bruno Falck bestowed to the museum 129 timepieces from the 16th to the 19th century.
The Falck donaton includes a group of Renaissance and Baroque mechanical clocks, watches decorated with polychrome enamels, table-clocks and form-watches.
In 1978 the collection was enriched with over two hundred sundials donated by Piero Portaluppi (1888-1967), now displayed in the Palma Room.